|Notes for Sir John Brocket|
|m. (1) Ellen Lytton, (2) Elizabeth Moore, widow of Gabriel Fowler.|
1. Margaret married to Sir John CUTTES/CUTT of Childerleigh, Cambridgeshire (Visitation of Cambridgeshire 1575 and 1619, pp 30-1).
2. Anne married to Alexander CAVE Esq of Bagrave (later Knight).
3. Elizabeth d bef 1598 married to George CARLETON Esq.
4. Helene married to Richard SPENCER Esq of Offley (later Knight: Metcalfe 1886 p 165).5. Mary married to Thomas READE Esq (later Knight). Brockett Hall descended to this family (Metcalfe 1886 p 162).
6. Fraunces b 1583 or 84, married to Sir Dudley NORTH, 3rd Lord of Kirtling (d 1666). The deference shown to parents by children in those days is described by their eldest son Sir Dudley 4th Lord North who well into middle age 'would never put on his hat or sit down before his father, unless enjoined to it' (L Stone 1977 p 122).
|Last Modified 26 Sep 2007||Created 9 Dec 2011 By Tim Powys-Lybbe|